Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Day 11: Meeting the Miller

Today, Sir Elton John had me go to the Miller's place of work to pick up some wheat. He had me go do this because when his cook was concocting breakfast, he realized he did not have a complete amount of wheat to make a full meal. I should add, however that breakfast was still remarkable; the best one I have ever eaten.

I took one of Sir Elton John's horses and made my way to the Miller's wheat store, which took about quarter of a day's time to get to. The Miller was an intense man, who seemed to be suffering from a rough night before. He insisted that I hand him the money for the wheat first, and then he weighed it on the scale. It seemed as though it was less of an amount than he said it was, but I guess I do not have much experience measuring wheat. By the time the day was over, I had finished my assignment.

No comments: