Friday, November 2, 2007

My Knighting


I have not been able to write in a while because I have been so terribly busy with all of my work for Sir Elton John. I had been trying so hard to prove myself worthy of being a knight. One day in the middle of my duties, Sir Elton John came to me with some great news. He told me that the Lord of Southwark had noticed my excellent work and had agreed to knight me at a dubbing ceremony the next day. That night I had to dress in a lavish white tunic with red robes. I had to fast and pray for the purification of my soul. My sword was blessed by the chaplain and he laid it on the alter at the church for the next day. I then slept for a very short time because I had to bathe before sunrise. At dawn, I had to go to the church and confess my sins to the priest to ensure that my soul was pure. I then had a very lavish breakfast put together by Sir Elton John's cook. It was the best meal that I have ever eaten. After breakfast I was very excited for the ceremony that was to be held in the courtyard of the Lord's castle. Many of my family and friends were on hand to watch the ceremony. I was also very excited to see my beautiful lady had come to support me as well. There was also many distinguished knights and lords from all over the country of England. I knelt in front of the Lord of Southwark and he picked up my sword. He tapped my lightly with the blade on each shoulder. I'm glad this ceremony was not like the old times when they actually struck the knight hard. He then proclaimed me a knight and lay the sword in my hands. I was now officially a knight. I have some big shoes to fill walking in the footsteps of my father, but I have the confidence in myself and my abilities that I will become the greatest knight in the history of England.

No comments: